Extreme Suit & Environment Modeling
A Flexible and Expandable Multi-Body Dynamic Simulation Tool for Modeling,
Analyzing, and Understanding Human Interactions with Spacesuits, Other
Extreme-Environment Garments, and the Environment.
1 . ACQUIRE SCAN
2 . FIT SCAN TO HUMAN MODEL
3 .FIT HUMAN MODEL TO SUIT
Acquire 3D Human scans of actual People
Process for shape/size fit.
Derive & map joint positions
for human model rigging.
Fit human model into simulation
Suit model processing and meshing.
Co-location of human model and suit
into simulation environment.
Motion & Contact Analysis .
*SMPL model courtesy of the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (for academic research only)
**Blender file courtesy of JGillHutton
Spacesuits and other protective
garments for extreme-environments
are expensive and time consuming
to design and test. Intuitive
Machines’ physics-based suit
modeling system provides a
state-of-the-art design tool to reduce
the time and expense of designing a
new extreme-environment suit.
• Accelerate/streamline the design of new extreme environment suits.
• Ensure the best possible fit for any garment.,
• Determine pinch-points, rub points, joint range of motion,
and other constraints.
• Eliminate the cost and time of designing & manufacturing high-fidelity, early prototypes.
• Assess dynamic suited or unsuited interactions with external elements.
THE EXTREME SUIT & ENVIRONMENT MODELING (ESEM) TOOL CAN BE USED TO:
ANALYSIS TOOL FOR SUIT-HUMAN SYSTEM