Software Developer for Autonomous Robots (ISRDS3)
Location: Moffett Field, CA - Full-time exempt position
Intuitive Machines is an innovative and disruptive company who is leading space technologies, engineering and operations. We proudly put forward an exceptional team that lives at the intersection of rigor and agility. We are seeking the best, the brightest and the driven to be a part of an incredible and rewarding experience.
This is a full time position for a software developer on the Integrated System for Autonomous and Adaptive Caretaking (ISAAC) project. ISAAC is developing technology to fill a critical gap in caretaking of human space vehicles during uncrewed periods, by enabling autonomous robots inside the vehicle to interoperate with vehicle systems and provide capabilities for robots to assess vehicle status, transfer and stow cargo from uncrewed cargo vehicles, and diagnose and repair faults such as leaks or fires. This technology is targeted for use on the Gateway space station near the Moon, as well as future Mars missions. During development, it will be tested using the Astrobee free-flyers and Robonaut2 mobile manipulator robot on the International Space Station (ISS). This position will participate with a team of 8-10 members implementing and testing the software, and conducting simulations and tests both on the ground and on the ISS.
Join our team and you’ll be rewarded with competitive compensation, benefits, and possession of your own unique place in history.
Required skills and traits*
• Background in robotics
• Software development experience with C++ and GNU tools under Linux
Other Desired Skills:
Robotics & autonomous systems
• Perception, mapping, anomaly & change detection
• Automated planning & execution
• Fault diagnosis & recovery
• 3D interfaces for real-time visualization and robot control
• High-level autonomy systems
• UAVs or robotic free flyers
• International Space Station payloads
• Supporting operations (e.g. procedure development, safety assessment)
• Robot-robot and/or robot-infrastructure teams
• DDS (Data Distribution System) networking middleware
• Robust communication over unreliable wireless networks
• Robot Operating System (ROS)
• Gazebo simulation environment
• Git version control system
• CMake build system
• Android app development
• Agile software developmentSGT/ISRDS Minimal Labor Category- (Systems Engineer II - Task 269) Level may change commensurate with candidate's qualifications.
• B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or Robotics.
* U.S. Citizenship required