Location: Moffett Field, CA - Full Time
Intuitive Machines is an innovative and disruptive company who is leading space technologies, engineering and operations. We proudly put forward an exceptional team that lives at the intersection of rigor and agility. We are seeking the best, the brightest and the driven to be a part of an incredible and rewarding experience.
This is a full time position working with the Intelligent Robotics Group at the NASA Ames Research Center. The IRG conducts aggressive research and development for robot missions on Earth and in space. This work supports a wide variety of NASA and non-NASA customers through direct technology delivery, field testing (in extreme environments and on the International Space Station), and deployment. Key work areas include autonomy, navigation, perception, and robot user interfaces.
Join our team and you’ll be rewarded with competitive compensation, benefits, and possession of your own unique place in history.
Required skills and traits*
• A strong background and experience in Linux-based software development / engineering (C, C++, and/or Java) and agile development is required.
• Strong background in robotics and/or distributed systems
• Strong background in developing high-performance software, particularly with C/C++ and GNU tools under Linux
• Experience with robot navigation, 3D user interfaces, and/or system software
Other Desired Skills:
• Mobile robot navigation
• ROS2 (Robot Operating System)
• Sensor characterization and calibration
• Distributed and asynchronous systems
• Embedded systems (especially Linux/ARM and Android/ARM)
• Middleware (particularly DDS)
• 3D environment perception and mapping
• Extended Kalman filters
• Visual pose estimation, including optical flow and feature-based approaches
• B.S. (or higher) in Computer Science or Robotics.
* U.S. Citizenship required