3D Graphics-Visualization Software Engineer (ISRDS3)
Location: Moffett Field, CA - Full-time exempt position
Intuitive Machines is an innovative and disruptive company who is leading space technologies, engineering and operations. We proudly put forward an exceptional team that lives at the intersection of rigor and agility. We are seeking the best, the brightest and the driven to be a part of an incredible and rewarding experience.
Want to make a difference in how we explore space and other extreme environments? Want to create cutting-edge interactive 3D graphics? Want to build software that will be used to visualize and operate NASA planetary rovers, free-flying robots, and more?
Intuitive Machines is working with NASA Ames Intelligent Robotics Group on the development of planetary rovers and technology and we have an immediate opening for a full-time software developer to help create advanced, interactive 3D graphics and user interfaces. This is a high-profile, high-impact opportunity to create software that will be used by NASA mission engineers and scientists.
Join our team and you’ll be rewarded with competitive compensation, benefits, and possession of your own unique place in history.
Required skills and traits*
• Strong background in interactive, real-time 3D graphics, including OpenGL and 3D scene-graph architectures
• Experience creating intuitive user interfaces for complex problem solving applications
• Experience with ROS and Gazebo
• Expert knowledge of Java
• Expert knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation
• Extensive experience with design patterns, cross-platform development and open-source tools
Other Desired Skills:
• 3D modeling software (Blender, Maya) and other content creation tools (Photoshop, GIMP, etc.)
• Multi-threading (threads, asynchronous processing)
• Middleware (CORBA, DDS, JMS)
• B.S. or M.S. in Engineering or related field
* U.S. Citizenship required